Usually, when I start knitting, I always calculate all my stitches, increases and decreases and plan quite precisely. I just don’t like to rip too much. But this cardigan was an exception. I started this a year ago and the main reason was to use up this yarn that took too much room in my stash.
I did knit a swatch to test the stripes but that was it. I just started knitting from first sleeve and stopped in the middle of back. I then knitted the second half.
Then autumn came and I packed the wip and started some winter knitting. But this spring I decided to finish this wip, because stashed wip is even more disturbing than stashed yarn.
[one_half][/one_half][one_half_last padding=”0 0 0 5px”][/one_half_last]
But then came a lot of knitting and ripping – the lower part of the cardigan, the front and bottom garter stitch band, the pockets, adjusting the sleeve length and knitting garter stitch bands etc. I did every part at least twice – but that is the price of experimenting. It is fun but you shouldn’t mind ripping 🙂 It was quite refreshing to experiment this way, but next time I will plan better (I have done it already, my next cardigan is blocking right now).
And then, when I thought that it is finally completed I found out, that with the first breeze the fronts of my cardigan fly inside out. So I had to sew in some weights. I used some heavy metal balls that I sewed in using some cotton bias tape. I hope that now it is completed 🙂